8 Jan 2018 (Mon) | 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm | SUSS SR C.4.12
Presentation by Lindsay Lin, from Stellar / Lightyear, on various predictions for the blockchain industry, including:
- How will the global regulatory landscape change? How will regulatory shifts affect blockchain based companies?
- Positive and negative catalysts that could crash or boost the industry
- Trends in tokenization: ICOs and securities
- Evolution of smart contracts: how do we make them go from dumb (e.g. DAO, Parity) to smart?
- Decentralized exchange usage and growth
- The path forward for Stellar in terms of ICOs and payments
Presentation by WANG Yu, research fellow @ SUSS, who studies fintech and cryptocurrency and co-authored a study with Prof. David LEE Kuo Chuen and GUO Li on “Cryptocurrency：A New Investment Opportunity?”