In this 2-day course we will design the flow of a Blockchain powered “Tic Tac Toe” game where, regulated by the Blockchain Consensus System, users can play one against the other, one Blockchain transaction at a time. While having fun, you will gain an understanding that Blockchain is more than a “distributed ledger”; you will also learn about the difference between a “Smart Contract” and a “Smart Transaction”, how the Blockchain Consensus works, and what it can be used for.
After this course, each participant should have acquired the conceptual notions to design systems that are able to solve any decentralised and distributed process using Blockchain as a parameterised communication channel between parties.
A. Knowledge and Understanding (Theory Component)
- Describe the basics of Blockchain Systems (P2P, Cryptography, and Data Management)
- Explain the key concepts of Blockchain Consensus System:
- Flow of a Blockchain transaction
- Mechanics of the consensus system
- The need for “proof of something” to validate blocks
- The difference between a “Smart Contract” and a “Smart Transaction”
- Discuss why there are Public, Private, Permissionless, and Permissioned Blockchains
B. Key Skills (Practical Component)
- Design Blockchain Consensus Logics to provide solutions of any kind
- Outline the structure, logic, and flows of a Blockchain
- Identify the right type of Blockchain protocol based on the solution to implement
Date: 22 – 23 February, 2018
The agenda of the two-day course can be found here.
The registration link can be found on the Fintech and Blockchain Programming Workshops page.
Founder, Blockchain Zoo
Roberto Capodieci discovered a passion for Information Technology at the tender age of 6 when, with the help of his father, he started to learn computer programming. By age 10 he had developed and sold his first video game. Four years later he began an entrepreneurship career, and, authorised by Italy’s court for minors, set up his first IT company. In the formative years of the Internet he expanded his business reach into the online world and quickly found his company’ services to be in great demand. Roberto, who specialises in Lawful Interception systems and big data analysis, is also a consultant to law enforcement agencies.After having moved to Asia a decade ago, Roberto is now a renown Blockchain expert, associate of the Nxt Foundation, CTO of Digital Billions, and CEO of OTDocs, the Singaporean company behind the innovative Open Trade Documents Blockchain project. Roberto often speaks at conferences, participates in technology discussion panels at various events, and gives seminars on Blockchain technology.